Sunday, May 20, 2012

Basilica in Guanajuato


Una foto de
la Basílica de Nuestra Señora de Guanajuato =
Photo of Our Lady of Guanajuato Basilica

Construyó en 1600 AD. = Built around 1600AD.

Definition of a Basilica: The name basilica is commonly used today only of those churches which surpass
 others either in age or size or magnificence,
or upon which the Roman Pontiff has bestowed
this title along with certain privileges.
 - According to CatholicCulture.org' s Msgr. Enrico Dante

¡Quiero visitar la basílica y
tomar fotos porque es muy raro
para ver un edificio tan viejo!

= I look forward to visiting
the basilica and taking many pictures
 as it is rare to see a building this old!!

3 comments:

  1. You definitely need to get a follower tab... Sometime when you are home and have this pulled up call me and I will walk you through it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to a friend of mine from Mexico (she's from Michoacán, but has traveled throughout Mexico) about your trip, and she said that this really is the sight to see in Guanajuato. She called it the Golden church. If she has any other tips or things you should see I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great!! I have another website I have to get posted that shows a 360 Degree view, but it's saved at school. One of my upper-level students found it. It's very cool! Thanks for thinking of me and checking out my site. As you may see I need techie help to improve it, so it's a work in progress.

      Delete