Friday, June 15, 2012

¡Más Comida....y paletas!

I hope everyone isn't getting tired of my food posts but here are some more with some pictures of sites to follow on the next blog entry.  Everything is just so good and colorful!

La cena: Bistec o carne asada,

arroz méxicano, y pepinos y tomates/jitomates



El desayuno:  Yogur o Yogurth el sabor de mangos

¡Qué rico! - How yummy/delicious!

 (This is the popular saying in México)



La Cena:  Pechuga Rellena con Espagueti y Verduras

The spaghetti is made with cream & ground red pepper in a blender and the chicken according to my host, Marta is like eating Mexican Sushi because it has cheese, ham, and spinach wrapped around chicken with a light breading on the outside.

¡Me encanta esta cena!



Las Paletas de Mavidiscos = Marshmallow Lollipops

These were made by Ebert, he is Marta's nephew and handyman around her house.  He brought these buy to show Marta and I thought they were great.

They cost $30-Pesos or about $3.00-Dollars USA






 Comida China en México - Chinese Food in Mexico


 

Pozole:  A Traditional & Popular Dish in Mexico

Contains:  Corn which has been boiled in seasonings for a couple hours prior to preparing the whole dish, marinated chicken, and chiles poblanos.  Just prior to serving freshly cut lettuce, radishes, and spoon fulls of avocado are added which add texture and a freshness to this dish.

It too was tasty and has a unique original flavor.  I didn't realize how much I was tired of eating the same old things at home until I came here.  I will be preparing some of these dishes at home for sure!!!


7 comments:

  1. Ooo. I think you should have a Spanish cuisine unit worked into your curriculum. So happy to see you loving your hands-on learning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to offer some after-school cooking activities for the kids to do for culture credit and since Mrs. Stewart is my neighbor across the hall now it will be much easier to coordinate and organize these types of activities. So much of it is healthier than what we eat at our typical Mexican hometown restaurants.

      Delete
  2. My bad! I've been so wrapped up in stuff going on in my life I forgot about this! It looks like it's AWESOME there, Mrs. Red (: Really beautiful. It seems you've gotten to meet many amazing people, see beautiful things, try really tasty looking dishes, etcetera... Es muy bueno. I wasn't exactly pleased you're making us translate stuff all by our lonesome. :P It's SUMMER! Haha. Looks like a lot of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracia, Kendra y estoy emocionada que tú estás trabajando en tu blog. Yo leí tu 'post' del otro día. ¡Espero que tu has encontrado un trabajo por el verano que te gusta!

      Delete
  3. It all looks good to me too! I want to know how to make the wrapped chicken. Was the spaghetti very spicy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the espageti is not spicey surprisingly and it is really good. It is something I plan to make at home. I know you and I usually don't like green, red, or yellow bell peppers (Chiles Morrones) but Marta has shown me how to prepare them in the licuado-blender with some crema. ¡Qué rico! = This is what you say in Mexico if something is tasty!

      Praying for you Mom (she's in the hospital right now). Friends, blog followers, and fellow Christians please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
    2. By the way, my Mom is doing much better and thank you for your thoughts and prayers for her. She is back at home and feeling like her old self.

      Delete