Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vistas y Miradores = Lookout Points

Blog Followers:  My apologies for not posting more but I have been busy with my classes, showing our new housemate, Donna (from Austin, TX) around Guanajuato , attending Zumba classes (trying to live healthier and make healthy changes here) and more.  Unbelievably enough a distant cousin of mine who also teaches Spanish around Chicago ran into me here, so we've been catching up with one another.  This weekend I will be traveling to a few neighboring towns: San Miguel de Allende, Dolores Hidalgo, and Atotonilco on an 8 hour bus trip with stops in each town.  I look forward to sharing pictures of these locales in additon to Guanajuato.

Las vistas aquí son más mejor en persona pero yo espero que ustedes disfruten cada foto de las vistas y miradores en Guanajuato.  Me gustan mucho los colores de las casas durante el día y las luces que brillan por la noche.






Espero a añadir más fotos mañana!  Tengo tarea y tengo que ducharme antes de acostarme porque Guanajuato tiene una sequía ahora y ahora, son las once menos veinte de la noche.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. I would get SO lost if I were there. It's so colorful though. Is it just a sloping hill or is it a mountain? Las mantañas (: Muchos colores (: [Insert upside-down exclamation]Hasta luego, Sra. Reddick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Hola Kendra! (Remember Alt-0161 = ¡)
    I have a great host who showed me around town and I've explored and learned more routes on my own during my time here. It can seem like a huge maze but all roads, alleys, etc. lead to the bottom of the valley area where the main streets are located so one can get oriented. You're smart, you'd have it down pretty quickly. Sí, hay muchos colores y cerros - hills. They call these hills-cerros, but we Illinoisians would generalize the tall ones as mountains but there are even taller mountains outside of the city. When we start school in the fall I will show you a video of my walk down the (mountain) to my class. Some parts are steep but have stairs built into the side of the hill and in other places it's just rock and cement. It's a bit slick when it rains, but it hasn't rained much and the city really needs water. As a matter of fact, I can't shower tonight because we have no water coming into the house as of now. I'm hoping in the morning we have water, we'll see. (Drinking water is bought in large plastic culligan-like containers or bottled water.) Glad you got out and visited with folks at the town-wide garage sale. ¡Adiós!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buildings are so very close together!! How do they even drive through it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are not roads like we have here in the US through most of the town, instead there are alleyways that people use to walk through. I will try and post some pictures to show what the alleyways are like. There are roads at the bottom of the valley and the top but not very many in-between. Nearly all the roads that the traffic uses in the city though are one-way so only 1-vehicle can pass through. The buildings are so close together because of the mountainous terrain that the town was built into and the fact that this city dates from the late 1500's to the early 1600's and people traveled by foot, horse, or with donkeys and mules as well.

    ReplyDelete